The thing about Walt is........
Sydwyndir (Gun Toting Right-wing Goon; 5402)
Posted on: 08-19-2012 17:48.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Message views: 107 (Score: 0)
Or rather, about the show is, that they do this total mindfuck - Walt isn't any different from us, he's downtrodden, he knows his stuff and is stuck in a dead-end job just to make ends meet, where he's dehumanized by this asshole, etc...
But no, Walt has metamorphosed his persecution complex into this twisted, megalomaniacal vision of himself.
MarkMan paid knowledgeworkers to transmit:
I agree. Walt was a piece of trash from day one, he just put up the illusion of being a decent guy.
The one thing that has changed over time I feel is how he manipulates people to get what he wants. As the series has aged he seems to go to greater extremes with his manipulation (especially of jesse) to get what he wants.
Great show. I love it.
Thank you, Gary Gygax.
I am not going to live in fear. They want my freedom, my peace of mind? Come and get it. - James Lileks, regarding al Qaeda, 09/11
- Breaking Bad nerds, to me. Spoilers ahoy. - Sydwyndir, 08-16-2012 00:39 (Views: 175; Replies: 74)
- Surprised I've never seen this before. - Bean, 09-04-2012 08:05 (Views: 132)
- More like... - SlartiBartFast, 09-04-2012 19:37 (Views: 118)
- Every time I think they get to the ultimate "holy shit" moment - Sydwyndir, 08-27-2012 14:25 (Views: 127)
- So this week... - Sydwyndir, 08-20-2012 14:58 (Views: 122)
- Monday means 'Breaking Bad day' to me. [nt] - enet, 08-19-2012 23:34 (Views: 87)
- BRIMROD is the Walter White of Pop Music. [nt] - P. Briscoe, 08-19-2012 18:42 (Views: 133)
- Breaking news... - Jed, 08-16-2012 23:47 (Views: 105)
- Aaaaaaand... - Sydwyndir, 08-16-2012 23:24 (Views: 129)
- Oh, and in the previous episode... - Jed, 08-16-2012 03:03 (Views: 113)
- Yeah, I knew Todd would be trouble from Moment One.... - Jed, 08-16-2012 02:49 (Views: 116)
- they make and sell a product that kills. they pick an interesting place to draw the line.. - P. Briscoe, 08-16-2012 01:43 (Views: 130)
- Predicts.. - enet, 08-16-2012 01:39 (Views: 125)
- I'm kind of confused about the timeline. - Tendenzi, 08-16-2012 01:35 (Views: 121)
- Why haven't the Mexicans closed this clown down? [nt] - Catfish, 08-16-2012 00:42 (Views: 108)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Report a Bug!