as far as the suicide-prone or the drug addicted, there's not much you can do........
P. Briscoe (Non running-dog anti-imperial anti-Bush unapologist name-changer; 13423)
Posted on: 05-24-2012 21:12.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.52 Safari/536.5
Message views: 29 (Score: 0)
never had a really close friend go that route, but back in the day a half-dozen cats i knew on the West Coast eventually O.D'd.
And yet some turned it around....last fall I hooked up with an old roomate from Cali who moved to N.Y. and became a junkie around 1986 and lived the life for almost 8 years. Now he's clean and sober--still livin in the city, too.
We were in the now-gentrified Tompkins Sq. Park watching all the yuppies play with their kids and he mentioned how he used to shoot up right on the benches immediately after scoring from the dealers. He used to be so strung out that he couldn't even make it 5 blocks to his apartment.
- what was I to have done>? - Sydwyndir, 05-24-2012 18:18 (Views: 49; Replies: 10)
- Very tough...but to echo pudds...be there and do the right thing... - darth maynard, 05-24-2012 21:42 (Views: 29)
- I hear ya, man. It's tough... - Jed, 05-24-2012 21:25 (Views: 26)
- as far as the suicide-prone or the drug addicted, there's not much you can do... - P. Briscoe, 05-24-2012 21:12 (Views: 29)
- Hey man, I`m sorry. - Paul, 05-24-2012 20:36 (Views: 26)
- Holy crap dude. Are you serious? - Phred, 05-24-2012 19:07 (Views: 30)
- All you can do is be there - pudds, 05-24-2012 18:55 (Views: 29)
- +1 [nt] - Catfish, 05-24-2012 21:09 (Views: 20)
- yeah, that's intense... my first reaction is "WTF do you have to go an lay all that on us" - Tendenzi, 05-24-2012 18:25 (Views: 29)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Report a Bug!